Thoughts on computers and programming which don't really belong anywhere else. This category will also include thoughts about computing on the whole, and the general tools one might use to become more productive. In addition, I will include tutorials on how to get the most out of different programming tools, including my favorite code editor Emacs.
- Mon 15 Jan 2018Motivated People Don't Need a Job Title
Having too many specific tasks is limiting and can stymie the creative impulses that give rise to fantastic employees.
- Tue 7 Mar 2017Y.A.U.S (Yet Another Uber Scandal)
The tech culture is broken, and Uber is just the tip of an iceberg.
- Thu 2 Mar 2017A Complete Guide to Email in Emacs using Mu and Mu4e
Most email clients are a pain. Emacs & mu4e are less of a pain.
- Wed 21 Dec 2016Be Caring & Reach Out
This time of year can be tough, so reach out to a friend to check in.
- Mon 19 Dec 2016Vim Within Emacs: An Anecdotal Guide
After using Emacs for 2 years, I decided to give "evil-mode" (Vim keybindings) a tentative try and I'm not looking back.
- Sun 4 Sep 2016My Workflow with Org-Agenda
I use Emacs' "org-mode" to organize my life. Here's a snippet of how I get it all working.
- Fri 5 Feb 2016How We Teach Programming, and Where We're Going Wrong
Programming matters. As more of the country recognizes the importance of the skill, an increasing number of methods for teaching programming concepts have popped up. However, the emphasis should lean towards how to apply programming across disciplines.
- Sun 17 Jan 2016Disabling Ubuntu's Broken Wi-Fi Driver
Ubuntu's 802.11n Wi-Fi driver is notoriously broken; here's how to turn it off.
- Mon 24 Aug 2015Getting Started with Use-Package
Jump-start emacs with use-package and never manually install another package again
- Wed 5 Aug 2015C/C++ Completion in Emacs
Handle large-project C++ completion with Irony & GNU GLOBAL