For indicating content which reflects our thoughts and opinions on issues of interest to us.
- Sun 29 Jul 2018Bias in AI Happens When We Optimize the Wrong Thing
Bias is a pervasive problem in AI. Only by discouraging machine learning systems from exploiting a certain bias can we expect such a system to avoid doing so.
- Mon 15 Jan 2018Motivated People Don't Need a Job Title
Having too many specific tasks is limiting and can stymie the creative impulses that give rise to fantastic employees.
- Tue 7 Mar 2017Y.A.U.S (Yet Another Uber Scandal)
The tech culture is broken, and Uber is just the tip of an iceberg.
- Wed 21 Dec 2016Be Caring & Reach Out
This time of year can be tough, so reach out to a friend to check in.
- Thu 31 Mar 2016Have You Tried Using a 'Nearest Neighbor Search'?
More complicated ≠ better. In many circumstances, using the most sophisticated approaches to Machine Learning (like deep learning) may not be worthwhile.
- Fri 5 Feb 2016How We Teach Programming, and Where We're Going Wrong
Programming matters. As more of the country recognizes the importance of the skill, an increasing number of methods for teaching programming concepts have popped up. However, the emphasis should lean towards how to apply programming across disciplines.