- Tue 7 Mar 2017Y.A.U.S (Yet Another Uber Scandal)
The tech culture is broken, and Uber is just the tip of an iceberg.
- Thu 2 Mar 2017A Complete Guide to Email in Emacs using Mu and Mu4e
Most email clients are a pain. Emacs & mu4e are less of a pain.
- Wed 21 Dec 2016Be Caring & Reach Out
This time of year can be tough, so reach out to a friend to check in.
- Mon 19 Dec 2016Vim Within Emacs: An Anecdotal Guide
After using Emacs for 2 years, I decided to give "evil-mode" (Vim keybindings) a tentative try and I'm not looking back.
- Sun 4 Sep 2016My Workflow with Org-Agenda
I use Emacs' "org-mode" to organize my life. Here's a snippet of how I get it all working.
- Thu 31 Mar 2016Have You Tried Using a 'Nearest Neighbor Search'?
More complicated ≠ better. In many circumstances, using the most sophisticated approaches to Machine Learning (like deep learning) may not be worthwhile.
- Wed 16 Mar 2016The Physics of Maxwell's Equations
Maxwell's Equations govern the study of electromagnetism, one of the fundamental forces of nature. Here, I attempt to motivate these beautiful equations and present some of their more interesting consequences.
- Fri 5 Feb 2016How We Teach Programming, and Where We're Going Wrong
Programming matters. As more of the country recognizes the importance of the skill, an increasing number of methods for teaching programming concepts have popped up. However, the emphasis should lean towards how to apply programming across disciplines.
- Sun 17 Jan 2016Disabling Ubuntu's Broken Wi-Fi Driver
Ubuntu's 802.11n Wi-Fi driver is notoriously broken; here's how to turn it off.
- Mon 24 Aug 2015Getting Started with Use-Package
Jump-start emacs with use-package and never manually install another package again
- Mon 10 Aug 2015Technologies Behind Caches To Caches
Here's how I built this blog, which relies on Django/Apache on Amazon EC2
- Wed 5 Aug 2015C/C++ Completion in Emacs
Handle large-project C++ completion with Irony & GNU GLOBAL
- Tue 24 Mar 2015Koding with Django
Koding’s free cloud-based linux dev environment has had me playing for a while. Here’s how to use it with Django.
- Sat 21 Mar 2015Hello, World!
Obligatory first post; welcome to our blog.